Vitamin E contains alpha, beta, gamma and tocoferrols.
Functions in body
- It is the best antioxidant. Stabilizes cellular membrane and lipid part of carrier molecules and protects the cells from harmful effects of free radicals, heavy metals, toxic compounds, drugs and radiation.
- Necessary for activity of immune system. Protects thymus gland and red corpuscles. Improves immune system against virus-born diseases.
-Has vital importance for eye health. Necessary for retina development. Prevents cataract forming effects of free radicals.
- Protect against ageing. Prevents degenerative effect created by free radicals on tissues, skin and blood veins. It has preventive effect on amnesia occured in old ages.
Symptoms of deficiency
- Hemolytic anemia and eye disorders in children.
- Unbalanced walking, lack of concentration, lover thyroid levels, nerve exhaustion, lethargy, anemia, weakening of immune system in adults.
- Heart diseases and cancer risk increases in case of vitamin E deficiency.